Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Cranky News Alert - Cold Front Hits Hell


I spit on myself twice today. Not the hair on my tongue spitting but the slapstick comedy mouth full of a refreshing beverage spray all over yourself type of thing.

I had a free moment to catch up on my DVR television shows I had "Tivo-ed" over the last week. I was watching Meet the Press as the panel was talking about the Supreme Court, the Roberts vote and the as yet unnamed replacement for Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. Gwen Ifill, of the New York Times, and this was a bit hard to hear as Tim Russert, who has been a huge disappointment in asking tough questions but that's another day's post, talked over her. Ifill said, and I had to rewind twice to hear this said, Pete Williams of NBC News has heard the W administration floating the name of Sen. Mel Martinez for the Supreme Court vacancy! Martinez is a nut-case stooge, he's W's former HUD secretary and he was elected, more or less, as a W proxy. If he is qualified to be on the highest court in America then I should be named Emperor of the Galaxy. (Cranky's Wife did once call me a dictator.) There goes my orange juice, at the back of my mouth, all over me.

So I cleaned myself off and picked up the paper and read about Katrina and then Rita and then, whoops there goes another mouthful of orange juice. I had to make sure I wasn't reading The Onion. Nope. Not The Onion. The headline that cause my second change of clothes? "Israel Seeks Seat on U.N. Security Council." It's not that I'm not for it. It's just a concept I hadn't really given much thought to. Sort of like trying not to be cranky. It just doesn't compute. Then again, if Libya can chair a U.N. Human Rights Commission and Syria, a terror-sponsoring nation, can actually be on the U.N. Security Council then why not Israel?

It's a possibility. Just like me not being cranky and actually being happy...Crap, there goes my orange juice again! Have to change clothes again. Later.

UPDATE: Hamas musing about recognizing Israel? Must have had some free time between building suicide bomb vests. Getting chilly down here. Brrrrr.

1 Comments:

Blogger phinky said...

Cranky, a an FSU alumna, I just wanted to say not all graduates are crazy like Mel Martinez is. You should have seen the puff piece the alumni newsletter had on him last week. Ugh!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.thedailycurmudgeon.blogspot.com