Tuesday, May 02, 2006

This time I'm right

I was wrong about Ariel Sharon being dead when he wasn't and I was wrong (early) about Tom Delay getting indicted and wrong (hopefully early again) about Karl Rove getting indicted. But this time I'm right. The bird flu pandemic is coming.

I laughed in 1999 when I heard about the Y2K nonsense. I even had one frined who stocked up on food and water because he thought the world would shut down at midnight on New Year's Eve 2000. Of course he was wrong. But this time it's different. That's why I've already made a few trips to Costco to stock up. If a bird flu pandemic, human to human transmission, hits anywhere there will be a global impact, a global slow or shut down of the supply chain. Borders will close. People won't go to work. Deliveries to food stores and pharmacists will stop. The White House will release it's report on bird flu preparedness tomorrow and it sounds like it won't be pretty. I though I heard their worst case scenario is 2 million deaths in the U.S. so you know it would be more since they can't predict anything with any accuracy.

So I'm headed back to Costco to continue my stockpile of canned pineapple, pop-tarts, and peanut butter. It's only a matter of time. It must be true, ABC is broadcasting a made-for-tv movie next week called Fatal Contact: Bird Flu in America about a pandemic outbreak in America. This time I know I'm right. And if I'm not, I have enough Easy Mac and Pretzels to last me a lifetime.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sinker said...

I heard a rumor the Rove will be indicted on Thursday or Friday

12:03 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Yeah, the same white house that told us about mushroom clouds and mobile chemical weapons labs and rabid mobs of Spanish singing illegals hell bent on forcing us Anglos to give up English. You sure can trust Mr. Mission Accomplished.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Crankyboy said...

Si Yo Puede.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

La cucaracha, la cucaracha,
Ya no puede caminar;
Porque no tiene, porque le falta
Marijuana que fumar.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People can't find La. on a map. Who cares? Oil is $74 today. Who cares? Bird flu will kill 2,000,000. Who cares. We do that number in abortions every year. If you toke a bit you won't get bird flu. But with the emminent closure of the southern border the price is going to go high. Blows me away. Who cares?

3:22 PM  
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

Hey, don't distract me. I'm still hiding under my desk, hoarding my duct tape...

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.thedailycurmudgeon.blogspot.com