Thursday, August 03, 2006

Unoriginal Thursday - But still good

I am unoriginal today having to (happily) be the man-servant to cranky jr. (3-and-a-half years old), cranky jr. jr. (3-and-a-half days old) and Cranky's Wife (natural childbirth without any drugs!) Between pre-school camp drop-off and pick-up, lunch, pillows and soothing gel circles (ask a young mommy), I haven't had time to be original. But I share a few things with you:

Quotes of the day thanks to Andrew Sullivan of Time:

Bill Maher of HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher on Hezbollah and Israel with a little Mel Gibson thrown in to make the point:

"As I watch so much of the world ask Israel for restraint in a way no other country would (Can you imagine what Bush would do if a terrorist organization took over Canada and was lobbing missiles into Montana, Maine and Illinois?) - and, by the way, does anyone ever ask Hezbollah for restraint. you know, like, please stop firing your rockets aimed PURPOSEFULLY at civilians? - it strikes me that the world IS Mel Gibson.

Most of the time, the anti-semitism is under control, but that demon lives inside and when the moon is full, or there's been enough alcohol consumed, or Israel is forced to kill people in its own defense, then it comes out."

Guess who this is and it's not from The Onion:

"America's armed forces need better equipment, better training and better pay ... A generation shaped by Vietnam must remember the lessons of Vietnam: When America uses force in the world, the cause must be just, the goal must be clear, and the victory must be overwhelming ... I don't have enemies to fight. I have no stake in the bitter arguments of the last few years. I want to change the tone of Washington to one of civility and respect ... We're learning to protect the natural world around us. We will continue this progress, and we will not turn back ... to lead this nation to a responsibility era, that president himself must be responsible. So when I put my hand on the Bible, I will swear to ... uphold the laws of our land ... I will not attack a part of this country because I want to lead the whole of it ..."

Governor George W. Bush, Republican National Convention speech, Aug. 3, 2000

And if you still haven't laughed yet try this link but have a few minutes, a tissue and a change of underwear before you watch the video. I laughed, I cried, I wet my pants.

What? Still not laughing? O.k. try this link and again have those extra boxers ready.

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Great - all three of you need diapers!

Yep, George had a good speech writer, but he's the decider, none the less.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy chirst, those links are fuckin' great.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.thedailycurmudgeon.blogspot.com