Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ground Zero


Dateline - New York.

Greetings world from Ground Zero. The real Ground Zero. The Curmudgeon is at the center of the world near Ground Zero at Broad and Wall Street. The NYSE is quite impressive although the perimeter of heavily armed policemen with automatic weapons kind of takes the fun out of it. Ground Zero is well, awful. The whole there will be replaced but it feels like looking at a civil war battlefield. Empty and sad.

On the good side of the visit, I have wondered around Times Square, saw the Late Show with David Letterman theater, NASDAQ market site, ESPN Zone and Papaya King. Unfortunately the Naked Cowboy wasn't there. Maybe it was the windy 30 degree night that kept him away. Maybe next time.

New York is surprisingly nice but I'm sure by the time I leave I'll have some cranky episodes to report back to my loyal fans. I did forget my tie in Chicago and had to buy one here so that put me in a small cranky mood.

More later.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You went to Letterman?
You were right around the corner from me!
I knew I felt extra Cranky this week.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually the Ed Sullivan Theatre, Ed being more of an historic icon than Letterman, at least for now.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were happy to have you here in New York. Please come back and buy some more crap from the street vendors in Times Square -- a personalized statue of liberty shotglass is calling your name.

Diane M.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Crankyboy said...

I bought 5 I heart NY t-shirts for $10. Let me know if you want to know where I got them. It's a small place called Tines Square.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.thedailycurmudgeon.blogspot.com