Thursday, November 09, 2006

I bid you all adieu

I started this blog about a year and a half ago as an outlet. A way to rant and rave. It was cheaper than therapy. Clinton famously said, "I feel your pain." I said to you all, "Please, feel my pain." Sharing it with you diluted the crankiness in me. But now it's a new day. The Democrats control the House and the Senate. The pessimist in me still thinks Lieberman or some other death or resignation will screw it up in the Senate but each day I get a bit more confident. I won't even rant and rave about 2008 and Hillary and Obama or whomever. Don't get me started. I can say if there was a way to not have a president for four years I'd start with 2008. But I am happy that at least for the next two years the right wing loons won't be able to get a kook (like Rick Santorum) on the Supreme Court. I'm happy that a lot of clowns in the Republican party have lost their jobs. Yes, I feel good about their public crash and burn. Payback's a bitch isn't it? I'm happy that the election results gave me a glimmer of hope that the election system actually works and that after being abused for so long the American people decided to get out of the relationship. Speaking of which. My brain is tired. I have devoted years and years of reading and writing about the clowns and mopes who run this country. It's physically draining. Going to the movies doesn't mean you're in the movie business and writing a political blog doesn't mean you're in politics. I'm going to take a break from the daily grind of trying to point out the insanity of the people running the world. I'll be back sooner rather than later but I have to re-charge my cranky batteries before I can start up again. Thanks for all the hits and comments. On the above average number of hits days it made it worthwhile. On the low visits days I thought, "It's like pearls before swine." Either way, thanks for listening. In the words of Gen. Douglas MacArthur, "I shall return." Ciao.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Beth Gill said...

Hey, wait a minute. You didn't look like a guy ready to quit talking about politics last time I saw you. In fact, you wouldn't let me out of the parking lot and I really wanted to go home and make my fish sticks. Time to reconsider, CB.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Cranky's Wife said...

Great, honey, more time to take out the trash -

9:59 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

But dude! Maybe the swine like pearls!

What about if I get you that 18 holes with Greg Norman?

10:21 AM  
Blogger Intellectual Insurgent said...

Dude, who I am going to argue with about the Middle East? From whom will I get the Israel side of the argument? :-)

Well, Curmudgeon, it's been a pleasure. Hopefully you won't be gone too long.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a short note of appreciation from a 'lurker'. I read your rants every day (almost) and they've meant a lot to me over the past several months. Understand your need for a recharge, but hope you'll be back soon.
Best regards.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.thedailycurmudgeon.blogspot.com