Sunday, December 10, 2006

Another Genius

I missed Friday so here is a Sunday nugget to make up for it. Last Monday I wrote that I didn't care who got appointed to head the House Intelligence Committee as long as it wasn't Rep. Alcee Hastings since he was a former federal judge - former because he got impeached by Congress. Rep. Silvestre Reyes was mentioned as a potential chair although he was not the ranking member as far as seniority. I said I didn't care if Silvestre Reyes or Sylvester the cat took over as long as it wasn't Hastings. Be careful what you wish for. I think right now I'd go for Sylvester the cat. A few more interviews like this with Reyes and I might lament my opposition to Hastings. From Talkingpointsmemo.com:

"Al Qaeda is what, I asked, Sunni or Shia?

“Al Qaeda, they have both,” Reyes said. “You’re talking about predominately?”

“Sure,” I said, not knowing what else to say.

“Predominantly — probably Shiite,” he ventured.

He couldn’t have been more wrong.

Al Qaeda is profoundly Sunni. If a Shiite showed up at an al Qaeda club house, they’d slice off his head and use it for a soccer ball."

Doesn't know who runs al Qaeda. You say Shiites, I say Sunnis, let's call the whole thing off. Yes, let's call the whole thing off. If I'm going to try can't the head of the House Intelligence Committee try a bit? Just a little? Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you your new Chairman of the Permanent House Select Committe of Intelligence Rep. Silvestre Reyes. Now is he a Democrat or Republican?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.thedailycurmudgeon.blogspot.com