Thursday, December 14, 2006

Timmy Johnson and The Holy Grail

I became a deeply religious man last night. I prayed and prayed for Democratic Senator Tim Johnson to survive his brain hemorrhage and emergency brain surgery. Guess it worked. If Johnson dies or resigns the Senate goes back to Republican control even before the Democrats have a chance to warm the seats. Since Johnson is still kicking, as long as he doesn't kick a bucket, his beating heart will guarantee Democratic control of the U.S. Senate at least for the next two years. Now that's a Holy Grail. There is a God.

Debating political fallout and power-shifts over a guy's surgery table is a bit inelegant but that's the reality. After the charges Republicans spewed (vomited is more like it) at Democrats, like wanting the terrorists to win and wanting America to suffer another 9/11 and hoping for the U.S. to lose in Iraq and gleefully assisting in treason, I have no hesitation saying I know Republicans are praying for Johnson to die as much as Democrats are praying for him to live. There are no atheists in intensive care units. Reminds me of a scene from Monty Python and The Holy Grail. The guy on the shoulder is Johnson, the guy carrying him are the Republicans and the guy who finishes him off is probably Karl Rove.



I'm off to bed and once again I'll be kneeling with my head bowed and hands clasped together seeking out the Almighty and praying as if Tim Johnson's life depended on it and I think it does. I'll be whispering, "please keep Tim Johnson's heart beating" while I have a feeling Karl Rove will be practicing "bring out your dead!" Sweet dreams.

2 Comments:

Blogger d.K. said...

Since your prayers and those of Karl Rove cancel each other out, I guess it's up to me...

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the clip.

Train Bud 1

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.thedailycurmudgeon.blogspot.com