Thursday, August 23, 2007

Blogging in the dark

I'm blogging from my iPhone as I am sitting in the dark. No power. At least my battery back-up on my sump pump works. A 47 minute train ride home became a three hour nightmare. First we couldn't leave the station because of the weather and the threat of high winds and then because of a tree on the tracks. And then we thought we were on our way, we got an announcement that the delays had caused the train engineer to reach his limit under federal law for the number of hours he could work and that we all had to get off the train. Of course it was raining sheets of water outside as we were basically thrown off the train. Then when I got home I found out we had no power. The other side of the street had power but not our side. More good news. So here I am in the dark typing on my iPhone by flashlight just like Abraham Lincoln. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

3 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Did lincoln use one of those Xenon bulb flashlights or the LED kind?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Intellectual Insurgent said...

That's crazy. I'm going to Chicago for the first time for Labor Day weekend, but this doesn't sound good. :-(

4:45 PM  
Blogger d.K. said...

Cranky,
How do you like your iPhone? I got one as my first cell phone (well, second -- I paid to turn the first one off a year ago after regretting having one three weeks after signing up). However, the iPhone seems to be living up to the hype, for me anyhow. I no longer have any land line at all.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.thedailycurmudgeon.blogspot.com