Tuesday, January 09, 2007

There is a God

Any evidence of God on this planet? My angel of a wife, Cranky's Wife, is always "Exhibit A" in this search. I'd also make a case for Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries as indicative of a divine being with an intelligent design in mind. After today's MacWorld keynote speech by CEO Steve Jobs introducing the new Apple iPhone, I'm fairly sure there is a God or that Jobs is in fact God. But there is also additional evidence that God exists and is working among us.

Control of the U.S. Senate rests with a Democratic senator now resting at a hospital after having emergency surgery to repair a brain hemorrhage. If his brain explodes or implodes or plodes sideways we are all going to wish we were in a coma in ICU because we would rather sleep through Republican control of the Senate than see what more they could do to wreck this country. I wrote about this recently but to summarize: The Senate is controlled by Democrats 51-49. If Sen. Johnson slips the surly bonds of this Earth then the Republican governor of South Dakota would appoint his replacement and I'm taking a wild guess it would be a Republican. Do the math now. 51-49 Dems becomes a 50-50 tie. Vice-President Dick Cheney would vote on all ties and last I checked he's a Republican so every vote would likely go 51-50 Republican. Not a good outcome if you love life, freedom, justice, civil liberties, hope, fairness and constitutional democracy. So this story entitled, "Senator's condition upgraded after brain surgery" may have given me another bit of evidence in favor of the Almighty.

Jesus is said to have risen from the dead and proved to all in the Lord. If Sen. Johnson rises from his hospital bed and keeps the Senate in Democratic hands I'll be largely convinced there is a God. But it still might be Steve Jobs.

5 Comments:

Blogger d.K. said...

Not to rain on your parade, my friend, but don't forget that one of those 51 is Joe Lieberman, while the status quo is good, and great compared to the alternative, it is still far from inspiring, especially as regards religious conviction... :)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Cranky's Wife said...

Awww!

Thanks, honey!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Crankyboy said...

d.k.-

Yes, I know. I try to put that out of my mind. I would give up politics as a hobby if Joe turned against the party that nominated him for VP. It would be the last straw.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Ellen Beth Gill said...

Who do you think Bush was referring to as the "Author of Liberty"?

11:21 AM  
Blogger d.K. said...

Ellen Beth:
Either God or Karl Rove -- but I'm not so sure he draws a distinction.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.thedailycurmudgeon.blogspot.com